Scholarships for MST Members
The Microscopy Society of Thailand aims to promote and encourage members to present their researches in an international conference, the 11th Asia-Pacific Microscopy Conference (APMC11), which will be held on 23-27 May 2016 in Phuket, Thailand. The scholarship are supported by the budget balance of the Microscopy Society of Thailand under these following regulations.
Qualifications of Applicants
Applicants must meet the following conditions to be eligible for scholarships:
1. Must be a lifetime ordinary member of the Microscopy Society of Thailand for at least one year on the date of application.
2. Must be the first author or a corresponding author of the work to be presented at the conference.
3. The work to be presented must be complete prior to submission on to the conference system.
4. The work to be presented must not be presented to any international conference and must not be published in scholarly
journals prior to the date of application.
Applicants must submit a copy of the following documents:
1. Application Form
2. Abstract of research that will be presented at the conference using the right format.
3. Evidence of acceptance for presentation (acceptance letter or electronic letter or evidence of acceptance online from the conference)
4. File of presentation slides (for oral presentation) or file of poster (for poster presentation) that must present the
completed contents (save file to a CD).
5. A letter from thesis advisor or head of department (only members who are students) which states as follows:
5.1 Certify a student status of the applicant on the date of application.
5.2 Certify funding support from other funding sources which will allow the students to attend the conference (APMC11).
You must send all documents by registered mail "Before 1 March 2016" (Deadline Extended to 30 April 2016) to
The Office of the President, Microscopy Society of Thailand
Department of Industrial Chemistry, Faculty of Science,
Chiang Mai University 50200
Tel: 053-943401 Fax: 053-892262
Consideration for the Scholarship
Executive Committee of the Microscopy Society of Thailand will consider on the quality of research and the integrity of the documents. For the number of the scholarship will depend on the remaining budget of the society and the registration fee. The list of those who receive the scholarships will be announced at the society's Web page. (www.microscopythailand.org). Moreover, those who receive the scholarships have to acknowledge "The Microscopy Society of Thailand" for supporting in the presentation slide (for oral presentation) or poster (for poster presentation). Judgment of the Executive Committee of the society is considered as final decision.
Rate of Scholarship
The Microscopy Society of Thailand only supports "An early-bird registration fee". The candidates must pay for an early-bird registration fee only.
Those who receive the scholarships must present "original receipt for an early-bird registration fee" for disbursement at the booth of the Microscopy Society of Thailand at the 11th Asia-Pacific Microscopy Conference (APMC11). For further information please visit the society's website (www.microscopythailand.org)